QTS 4.3.6.0959 build 20190531
- To learn more about NAS models that support the TR-004/TR-002, see the Compatibility List at https://www.qnap.com/en/compatibility-expansion
- To use a TR-004 external RAID enclosure to expand NAS storage space, the enclosure must have exactly one external RAID group. Individual disks cannot be used to expand NAS space.
- To ensure system functionality, after updating QTS to 4.3.6, please also update Container Station to 1.9 in App Center before enabling QVR Pro.
- The RADVD service previously did not have an outgoing interface. Please reconfigure the RADVD service after upgrading.
- Due to security concerns, support for "Wi-Fi ad-hoc mode" has been removed.
- This QTS update changes the file system of the system partition to ext4 for ARM-based models with Annapurna Labs processors. For data security reasons, you are not able to downgrade QTS to a previous version after this update.
Affected models: TS-131P, TS-231P, TS-431P, TS-531P, TS-231+, TS-431+, TS-231P2, TS-431P2, TS-431X, TS-431X2, TS-531X, TS-831X, TS-1231XU-RP, TS-1231XU, TS-831XU-RP, TS-831XU, TS-431XU-RP, TS-431XU, TS-431XeU, and TS-1635.
- For the status of QTS updates and maintenance for your NAS model, visit https://www.qnap.com/en/product/eol.php
- When QTS 4.3.x is installed on NAS models running on 64-bit Intel and AMD processors, some applications may not be supported. To check if installed apps on your NAS are compatible with QTS 4.3.x, download the QTS 64-bit compatibility tool and install it on your current QTS build. (https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/CF64_0.1-1114.qpkg.zip)
- Below are the kernel versions for NAS models that are supported by QTS 4.3.6:
Kernel 3.10.20: TS-128, TS-228
Kernel 3.2.26: TS-x31, TS-x31U
Kernel 3.4.6: TS-x69, TS-x69U, TS-x69L
Kernel 4.2.8: all other models supported by QTS 4.3.6
- Due to the limitations of future kernel updates, QTS 4.3.6 is the final available QTS update for the following NAS models: TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-870U-RP, TS-470U-RP, TS-470U-SP, TS-879 Pro, TVS-870, TS-870 Pro, TS-870, TVS-670, TS-670 Pro, TS-670, TVS-470, TS-470 Pro, and TS-470.
- Due to the limitations of non-expandable memory capacity and 32-bit processor architecture, starting from QTS 4.3.6, the TS-128 and TS-228 no longer support Container Station and all the dependent applications, including Notes Station 3, Qcontactz, QcalAgent, AWS Greengrass, and QIoT Suite Lite.
- Added QNAP disk data collection agreement. If you agree, QTS uploads anonymized data about your NAS system and disks to QNAP for analysis.
- When a TR-002 external RAID enclosure is connected to a USB 3.1 Gen2 port on the NAS, the bus type incorrectly appears as USB 3.0 in the QTS UI. This is a UI problem only, data will actually be transferred at USB 3.1 Gen2 speeds.
- When data is being transferred to or from a QNAP external RAID enclosure, changes to the status of a degraded RAID group might not be visible immediately in Storage ＆ Snapshots.
- When an external RAID group is in degraded mode its read/write performance will be greatly reduced.
- A failed external RAID group may have the status "Unknown" instead of "Failed".
- Network & Virtual Switch would highlight incorrect Thunderbolt ports on the TS-453BT3 back panel drawing during Thunderbolt connection.
- Users could not find certain object identifiers (OIDs) using an SNMP MIB browser tool.
- QTS would not function normally when all available inotify (inode notify) values were taken by services or applications.
- When users added a custom SMTP service in Notification Center, usernames could not contain certain special characters such as "." and "/".
- Media Library could not function normally after users uploaded certain files to media folders.
- After copying files from macOS to Windows Server 2012, users could not copy these files to the NAS using Robocopy.
- The TS-470 Pro could not identify or access USB devices via the USB-U31A2P01 PCIe expansion card.
- Users could not complete Snapshot Replica jobs to export snapshots larger than 1TB to external USB devices.
- Users could not access File Station folders via shared links when folder paths contained the special character "#".
- Media Library would deter the NAS from entering the HDD standby mode.
- Users could not edit Active Directory (AD) permission settings for certain shared folders after joining the NAS to an AD domain in the German user interface.
- After users backed up data from a Windows PC to the NAS via WebDAV, QTS would not release the occupied memory.
- Some files and folders would be missing occasionally from snapshots under certain circumstances.
- LDAP users could not log in when accessing shared folders via AFP after joining the NAS to Jumpcloud.
- The TS-228 could not identify detected external devices again after users removed and then reconnected the devices.
- IronWolf Health Management could not display the statistics for read/write data after users updated QTS to 4.3.6 Build 20190425.